Music Banter - View Single Post - if you were god
Thread: if you were god
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
@Vwls

I'm not entirely sure what your asking for an example of.
Sorry, I totally ignored your previous question. I was just asking for an example of somewhere that wants a better life but has been forced into what they consider a terrible existence.

I don't know a lot about African or tribe culture, so I definitely can't argue with any reasonable certainty against what you are saying. However, the last sentence of my original response (that Chula quoted) is the real point I was trying to make. The conversation just kind of expanded from there.

I understand people are starving and everything, I see the commercials for it. I think it's sad, but without knowing how they feel I'm not going to feel sorry for them. Actually, even if I know how they feel I'm not going to feel sorry for them. I'm either going to make an effort to make it better, or write it off as just another sh*tty thing that exists in this world. There isn't enough time nor do I have enough energy to solve or sob over all the problems humans face.

As JWB pointed out, common sense would have you believe they want quality of life improvements when considering nutrition, and maybe shelter. But do they actually want to live differently? Idk, you don't know, and it's certainly a personal thing that can't be applied to an entire culture/tribe.

It was pointed out in another thread how some of the people in these areas were attacking hospitals trying to help them. Take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
Thanks. I'll check it out. I love docus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote