Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips for getting started in music?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
If no one wants you in their band make your own one.
see if you can find a friend of yours you get along well and teach him how to play the bass or something.

I grew up in a place where everybody listened to rap but me and my only rocker friend made a band despite our neighbors hating us cause our practice sessions were too loud.

F*cking hypocrites, they could blast their rap music as loud as they want but can't handle a little distortion.

In my case, it was my friend who started the band and convinced me to join.
That's why im telling you, find a friend that you know is into music and try to form your own band with him if you're not having any luck getting into other bands.
There's no way in heck I could ever get any of my friends to pick up music. Much less want to make a career out of it like I want to. I wouldn't want to have try to force someone to be passionate about it.....you know?

Plus, I live away from my hometown now and I don't know anyone. And I've tried to form my own bands, but no one wants to give me the time of day. I don't get it. Don't they remember trying to join/form their first band? It's aggravating!
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote