Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips for getting started in music?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I hear you, we tried to get a friend to be our bassist but music wasn't his thing.

I feel bad for you man, aside from forming a band it's always good to know ppl with similar music taste but it seems you don't have that.

Maybe you should go solo for awhile or start hanging out in the local music scene to meet ppl.

The problem is experienced bands don't really have the time to take on a noob. i think its better to start a new band and grow as a musician by your own standards first than to try to keep up with experienced musicians.
Absolutely, which is exactly what I've tried to do. But no one wants to form a band with me. It leaves me wondering- "How do other people get their start?" Lol..... One big problem with me as well is the fact that I did not grow up with musical people. I'm the only person in my family who wants to play music. The rest of my family could care less about it.

Most of the time I'll find someone with similar music tastes, and we'll get together maybe once, after that they never return my calls/texts and I get the feeling they just didn't think I was experienced enough. Like I said, no one has the patience to give me a chance. I don't get it. How am I supposed to get my start when no one will give me a chance?

If you read the ads out there on most of these websites, you see lots of these dickhead guys on there like- "Must be a pro, and must have pro gear, or don't bother replying." *** holes! lol
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote