Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips for getting started in music?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
This is what I had assumed. If you're putting together bands where you're the weakest link in a big way, the others aren't going to want to stick around unless you can demonstrate that you learn quickly and adapt.

My advice is to try and find others that are in a similar position to you and use the opportunity to grow. You don't need to start a band straight away that you intend to be the best thing you've ever done in life. Bands are like jobs in the sense that you get the one you're most qualified for and when you've got some experience, you move on to another more prestigious one where you get more out of it.

Take it in steps. Learn the band dynamic based on trial and error, and by the time you find yourself in one that will do something great, you've earned it.
Yes, trust me. I have put out ads asking for inexperienced players to join my band. But no one has ever replied to them. I never meet inexperienced players out and about either.

The other problem I find with it is they they say to get better you need to play with musicians who are better than you. But I can see what you mean. Find newb players like myself just so I can get a start. I see.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote