Music Banter - View Single Post - GMOs
Thread: GMOs
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Unfortunately I work too much these days to educate myself on political issues, so I guess it depends upon the credible evidence surrounding the health & legal consequences of GMO's and the corporations that produce them.

I assumed that there was a definite connection between GMO's and cancer? (ie the study that came out of France with mice that were fed genetically modified grain, and developed tumours as a result) Was this debunked?

If there is even a probable link, I think that products that have GMO's in them should be labeled in the supermarket here in North America as they are in Europe. I have a right to know what I am putting into my body. (So many foods have GMO ingrediants from Kit Kat & Diary Milk bars to Ruffles potato chips, ect ect)

On the other hand, if there is no direct link between cancer and GMO's than it is a great way to bring down food costs globally, which is great for us, our pocketbooks, and retirement savings.

Finally there is the issue of GMO seeds spreading to local farms & taking over or damaging their crops. If your corn seed pollinates on my soil I shouldn't be sued for harvesting them under intellectual property rights.

In the end, I believe that the science should determine the politics of GMO's, not corporate profit, or environmental ideologues, I know this is a lot to ask though.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote