Music Banter - View Single Post - DaedChannel is here
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
Recently I've really been really digging swans and GY!BE.
For some reason, I got into godspeed's side projects (a silver mt. zion, set fire to flames) before I got into godspeed itself, but it's really excellent. I particularly loved F# A# infinity.
I'm working on expanding further into the math rock world, because I really ****ing love it. I've been a fan of bands like slint, hella, shellac etc. For an long time, though. Lightning bolt and black pus are cool, although not as much math rock.
I like what I've heard of Death Grips, but need to hear more.
La Trilogie De La Mort is really beautiful, Tim Hecker has a lot of good stuff, sunn o))) is a favorite.
Mbv's loveless is def in my too ten.
Really loving The Bad Plus.
More traditional sounding stuff too. The White Stripes, The Kills, The Black Keys, Queens of the Stone Age, Fleet Foxes etc.

Classic stuff: Dead Kennedys, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Crass, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart.

Unorganized, incomplete list, but I think that gives a general sense.
I think your going to fit right in. Chula Vista is a Zep nut, so you will get some interesting conversations with him. I am not that familiar with most of the artists on your list though. I quite like QOTSA. And Death Grips's first mix-tape was pretty dope. If you want some awesome hip hop recommendations, speak to Goofle. That guy has it all.

Enjoy your stay mate.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote