Music Banter - View Single Post - The One Where Machine Becomes Egotistical
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Entry 3

This is my entry on the Chief Of Police single and how it'll work with Empty House and the numerous smaller releases that will come before it. So over the last few days I've been working on a track list for Chief Of Police and trying to record them sufficiently. So I decided I'd go with Chief Of Police (obviously), then I remembered a song I had written over the summer that I had never used and was not going on the album called To Whom It May Concern. Then come the weird tracks first is a spoken word piece called A Short Fall which will be included in Empty House, but not in the traditional sense I'm going to sample my voice in at certain points of certain lines of the poem which if it all works, should add a lot to the songs. So while by itself is nothing much more than a poem is more of a basis for sampling. Next comes the instrumental a quick recording I made with a bunch of ideas I had compiled while improving on guitar and realized they loosely worked together. This is an idea that I'm seeing if will work on Empty House another element if you will. What I mean is its an attempt to see what people think because I'm interested in putting bits of odd improv like this on the album at more open ended parts of the songs, or if I should just fill those up with other types of insrrumentation. Well either way this single was partially made to preview some new ideas I had for the album. This leads straight into my next item.

So now onto the topic of future smaller releases before Empty House. I'm planning on releasing at least another single, a few EP's, and a few demos of ideas and elements that may or may not show up on the album. This is partially due to the mentality of having a lot of material and ideas that I can record fairly quickly, while recording the album slowly and steadily making sure everything works. As of now only one song is fully recorded for the whole album, I'll be previewing things like this on the EP's. Whereas I have quite a few songs that won't be on the album, leaving me with the mentality of having more output in smaller releases than longer wait times between full project.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote