Music Banter - View Single Post - The most intimidated you've ever been?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Just realized this thread is in Talk Instruments, so I guess you're looking for intimidating situations in music, my bad.

Last Halloween our band was doing a party gig with some other local bands, we were encouraged to dress up. I had this weird full face pigeon mask that I had ordered from China. I'm not sure if intimidated is the right word for it, but once we started playing I knew it was going to be a rough ride. Anyone who has worn a full latex mask while playing knows how badly sound is distorted inside the mask, everything rings and just grates your eardrums into a pulp. Combine that with being a little drunk, having not practiced as a unit in two weeks, tripping circuit breakers, and you've got yourself a terribly messy performance. We were all off that night, totally sucked.

Lucky everyone in the crowd was hammered too, they seemed to enjoy it.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote