Music Banter - View Single Post - GMOs
Thread: GMOs
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
And Larehip, with the "technology we can't possibly understand" statement, I think you meant to say "I" instead of "we".
Oh, I see! So YOU understand it! Well, now, and, uh, where did you get your degree in the study of genetically modified seeds? How many years have you worked with this wonderful technology? What peer-reviewed reports have you submitted that we can consult? Pray, tell us, O Great One!!!

Yes, I admit, I don't really understand the technology or the science behind it. And I refuse to put my faith in it that it is harmless when a corporation is rushing headlong into something we may not be able to get out of because they want to make money. Certainly, Europe, Japan and Korea don't have your understanding of the situation but, like me, they don't trust some monolithic corporation on their bare word. For example, Monsanto's line to farmers was that cross-pollination and superweeds would not happen as long as they followed their directions very carefully. They did and it didn't matter. Hmmm...you know, that might be why Europe, Japan and Korea said no thanks.

But, of course, you understand on a level the rest of us don't. Maybe we should put our blind faith in your bare word.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote