Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You In A Band
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Default Are You In A Band

I havent seen a thread on this yet, so I figured I would start one. If you are in a band, whats the name, what style of music do you play, what instruments do you and the other members play, etc. I'll start off:
My bands name, for lack of anything better at the moment is No Quarter. We play alot of cover songs, lots of zep of course, but many others, mostly classic rock although there are other covers we do such as under the bridge by the chili peppers, outshined by soundgarden, and creep by stp to name a few. The band consists of me on lead guitar and harps, Kevin on bass and vocals, and Matt on drums. We just play at local bars and pubs and stuff, and its amazing how the crowds just soak up our music. We have a hard time coming up with new material, as us 3 disagree on things a bit too much, but we have our own sound that is a combination of hard rockin blues, progressive rock, and jam. You can think of it this way, zep+floyd+phish. We take classic songs and extend the solo sections and add more effects if possible, to make the covers seem a bit more original.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote