Music Banter - View Single Post - Siberian tigers
Thread: Siberian tigers
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

it wasn't a song it was a sort of poem and i was on drugs when i wrote it. i don't usually write poems, i like story telling prose better, but once in a while i get an idea that can only really be expressed in this format and so i try to write it as a poem. and so i admittedly don't have much practice with the stylistic elements of poetry tbh. i am more interested in conveying ideas than fancy word play.

the poem isn't so much about how i love a particular animal but rather about the cut throat nature of the world and how i respect the killer instinct. something a lot of humans seem to shy away from and so i think people have a rosy view of nature that doesn't line up with reality which is why most people don't tend to get what i meant by this piece and tend to walk away with the same impression you got - that i just have a thing for tigers or that i give a **** about endangered species. i'm not too good at writing poetry cause i think i try to stay too subtle with it and people end up missing my point. and @ pet sounds no i haven't read any william blake.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote