Music Banter - View Single Post - Spiders and I
Thread: Spiders and I
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #74 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post

Jumping spiders wear dew drops for hats.
^ These two are especially cute.

Quote:

Comedy.

Tragedy.

While most people in developed nations exhibit some spider fear, about 3.5 to 6.1% suffer from extreme fear or arachnophobia. Some celebrities who admit to having it include Justin Timberlake and Christopher Lee. Others include every single female on planet earth. The reason for spider fear is not conclusive.
^ I thought the pictures were pretty funny. The comment was amusing, too, and possibly true.

Quote:

The common house centipede.
We call those thousand leggers. I like them more than spiders, but they often startle me because on the rare occasions I see one, they are usually darting around quite quickly. Also, they look so darn healthy that I always worry about the feast that they've been finding to eat!

I capture them in cups and release them, too.

One time I was taking a bath when I looked toward the drain end and, to my surprise and alarm, saw a very large thousand legger doing the front crawl toward me right over the water! I guess it must have popped out of the overflow drain.

That was one short bath.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote