Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #2565 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah I see that now. And I was doing so well! Still, when you're trying to watch three Scrooge movies a day, listen to recommended albums, write about Christmas TV specials and do the odd spot of breathing in between, some things fall through the cracks, you know? One of these Christmases I'm just going to do no specials at all, just relax and sit by the fire with a glass of ... Ah, but not this year I think.

Guess we need a double-header today then...

Dear Mondo,

Thanks for “October rust” by Type O Negative. It was not what I expected at all. I thought they were some sort of death/thrash metal band, so when the first “real” track began with piano I was expecting it to explode, but it never did. Really enjoyed the album all the way through, and I like their sense of humour. Great pick.

Nollaig shona
Trollheart

Dear Frownland

Thank you for the gift of ... oh hell, you know the one! I can't spell it! All I can say is that it was different, interesting, at times scary. Some of the singing was quite beautiful, some of it very disturbing. Most of the time though, I felt like I should be unrolling a prayer mat and facing towards Mecca, you know? Certainly different, and I didn't hate it but couldn't say I loved it either. Unlikely I would listen to this sort of music again, but nevertheless thanks for the “trip”.

May you have an experimental, noisy Christmas,
Trollheart

Okay, now we're up to date. OOH! What's this under my tree? Nope, better wait till tomorrow to open that one!