Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Blanche_Minim
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
I'm not talking about 50Cent or any of that ****, not to day what they do isn't art it'd just art I don't find appealing. Well it's obvious you're way to far gone, but to disregard rapping as music is and I know they there is no bad opinion well you broke that rule it seems.

Also I forgot to mention this but how in the hell do you consider nu-metal music that you enjoy that's based around hip-hop and rap mixed with hard rock and metal.
When I was younger, I liked Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Yes there is rapping, but I liked something else in nu-metal. Those mega-distorted, d-tuned, power chords, I really liked it. Wes Borland was like my favorite guitarist at that time.

Today, I am listening to Evanescence more in Nu-Metal, but right now I recently downloaded an old Carpenters album called Offering/Ticket to Ride. I love the album and that's what I'm into right now. When it goes back to normal, I'll be listening to my rock, death metal, jazz, and film music.

When it comes to Classical Music, I enjoy listening to Debussy and other French Impressionist Composers. I know if you call these individuals Impressionists they'll tell me to "f-*** off", but that's the best way of describing them. I like the sound more than the Russian and German sound. Sorry to offend the Wagner and Beethoven fans. I like them as well, but the French Composers are top on my list.

Last edited by Blanche_Minim; 12-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.