Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
Blanche_Minim
Account Disabled

Posted by Unknown:

Everyone talks about the struggle on the streets, drug life, gang life we have heard it repeated to death. And that its an art, sorry it doesn't take too much to flow just a decent vocab and ear for the MIDI produced beat or a sampled piece from some else's hard work. But to truly see if it is real music is the live experience. What do you see at a rap concert? The DJ pressing a button playing music no talent there, the rapper with 6 other guys repeating what he just said. A hey ho, uhh for an hour or 2 and that's it nothing musical there from what I can see. A rock on the other hand is very different. Every person on stage plays an instrument or two amazingly too actual rockstar status. People actually playing the drums, bass ,guitar, piano, actual singing every night on tour for 9 months out of the year. Its not done at just a press of a button and the music plays. And for people to say all they do is scream is very ignorant. Clearly they haven't heard the different sub genres of rock. Not saying that some bands don't but they perform that every night not so easy. It also comes to the audience. For rap less than half actually play a musical instrument. As for rock about 90% play instruments.I could have have picked any other genre of music like jazz, classical, blues, flamenco. I've listened to rap for many years as a multi instrument musician it doesn't hold up. Its in pop culture its in style to like rap course everybody defends it. It just makes me laugh when I see a rich white kid bumping lil boosie. He couldn't relate at all but its in style. I could go on about the constant dissing, who's the best rapper or who go's the hardest. You will never know. To sum it up its not real music no matter how much u think your expressing yourself or your opening your soul. For u mixed tape underground rap fans or its art sorry jay-z isn't the next Pablo piccaso.