Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #99 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Minim View Post
Rap is not in my Ipod. When I was in elementary school and high school, rap was popular. Back when I was a teenager, I listened to rap out of peer pressure, my observation is that it is just a person yapping, with a lousy voice projection, on a background track. The background track is considered music, but the person yapping is not. I don't know how Eminem became so popular, he is just yapping about his mom, trapped in a closet or something, with swear words added. I remember in high school, I would be listening to my favourite rock bands ex. Led Zeppelin, Jeff Beck in secret, as long as I don't get busted with the cool kids, because they are considered old fashioned, but those were the days.

Now in University I am listening to more fruitful music: Death Metal, Progressive Rock, Nu-Metal, Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical, Blues, 60's 70's 80's Pop, Film Music.

He he I am enjoying my Chrismas Break. It's snowy in Toronto right now.

Sigh another one of these I don't like this genre of music so I'm going to try to discredit it thread

If you don't like rap than take comfort in the fact that the genre has already peaked & is on the decline, just like punk, heavy metal, disco, new wave, classic rock, jazz, reggae, and every other musical genre that runs its cultural course.

If you don't like a genre of music than don't listen to it, who cares if its more popular than the ones you like.

I liked rap but I will never find another decade better than the 90's for that genre.

I liked heavy metal, but I will never find another decade better than the 80's for that genre.

Cultural isn't static & musical genres come and go like the wind, so don't sweat it.