Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #632 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Someone will take care of the kids, people who don't want to kill themselves give their kids away everyday. If you're so miserable you would actually go through with killing yourself than your kids are probably better off not being raised by you. I don't believe living for other people is a good way to live life, we are only here once. Consider and respect all, but don't you dare live for them. Unless living for others is what makes you feel alive you are wasting your life away.
maybe you are right tbh. it's more like my gut tells me we shouldn't let people off that easy. like yea people give their kids away and honestly i feel like they probably **** their kids lives up in doing so and so really i think they failed to meet their obligations in that regard. i feel like i don't want to lift that blame or burden just because they are ****ed up enough that their kids are better off without them.

for instance, when i was growing up i had this neighbor who smoked crack and had her kid steal for her and ****. she was such a terrible mom that her kid might have been better off in state custody, but i still think she was sort of a ****ty person for being such a terrible mom in the first place, regardless of what her weaknesses are.

i guess what you are saying is logical. i'm really not trying to argue with it just for the sake of it. but there is something in my gut that doesn't trust people, and feels like if we lift the burden of their obligations from them that more and more people will just flake out and society will become even worse than it is.