Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #116 (permalink)
Blanche_Minim
Account Disabled

Ok too many to quote here...

I was skating and then watching a game last night and then watching the last episode of an anime. Next day I saw a barrage of comments.

First of all the Japanese, I am taking an Elementary Japanese course in my school and I plan to take the higher level next year. I am still getting used to the particles, they are like prepositions in English. Anyways, I'll be speaking fluent Japanese a couple of years from now. I have plans on it in my music, because I watch anime and listen to anime music. I draw as well.

Second the rap, this is not going to be the last time I'll be discussing this aspect. I am not here to eliminate rap, I am just one of those individuals who don't like this genre. For example, the song Let it Go from the movie Frozen. I never watched the movie, because I don't consider it a Disney Classic. When it comes to the song, even if you play it a million times on me, even if they used one of my favorite word fractals, I just can't like the song, ever. Same with rap and the mainstream music, where Midi is used and they are frequently played in the shopping malls. I just don't like rap. There are things in this life that I just don't like.

I am surprised that there are people, who defend this mediocre genre, that is not part of Western Music Tradition for centuries. Even Pop Music has it's roots in Folk Music.

Last edited by Blanche_Minim; 12-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.