Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #29648 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

The rig has been completed.

Thursday night I found some busta in the city selling a 50W MESA Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head for $800 ($400 off retail price). Friday evening our bass player tipped me off on some one-legged British guy with a small music shop in a nearby town selling a closed back Laney 2x12 cab for $350. I picked that **** up real quick real ick, hauled it all up to Ken's mountain top lab, stacked em up, the planets aligned, and it sounded ****ing monstrous. Ultra thick and punchy. My Telecaster, the Single Rec, and the closed back cabinet combine for a massive low end with some serious gut churning southern twang. Sounds unreal paired with our other guitarist's Gibson Les Paul through his MESA Boogie Dual Rectifier / MESA 2x12 cabinet.

It's done. I can finally stop spending money.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote