Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #2592 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

In my eagerness to slag off Greg Lake, and in the excitement over the forthcoming "1001 albums" project, looks like I missed one of your presents yesterday. Better open two today then... let's see, what we got here?

Dear Briks,
Thanks for the gift of “Ujubasajuba” by Kairon;IRSE! I found it okay but not the revelation that you and Ki seem to believe it is. Mind you, instrumental or mostly instrumental post-rock albums struggle to impress me, so maybe it's just not my bag. It was good, and I enjoyed it but I couldn't see myself listening to it again, and I certainly would not feel like recommending it to anyone. It's not bad, it's just all right. But interesting certainly.
Merry Xmas!
Trollheart

Dear Ki,
Thank you for the (entirely predictable) present of Pg.lost's “Key”. I know you love this album and I have listened to it before. While it is very good, again it's instrumental post-rock (I guess) which I often find hard to retain my interest in. It's not that it's a bad album, certainly not, just I don't feel the same love and almost adoration for it that you do. But I respect it's one of your favourite, if not your favourite albums ever, and I'll give it a few more tries. Maybe it will click. For now though, I'd class it as very good, even very very good, but not lifechanging in the way it seems to have affected you.

Thanks and Merry Christmas, to you and LiL.
Trollheart