Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #3559 (permalink)
Rowan Weaver
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccheetah View Post
I need a new band/ singer listen to. I'm sick of the stuff I have right now, I want something fresh! I'm in the mood for maybe some alternative pop, or even pop punk stuff something like the singer Halsey for alternative pop, and Mayday Parade for some pop punk.
Well everyone I know who likes Mayday Parade likes Blackveil Brides... I've only kinda heard either but I can see why they'd appeal to the same people.
But if you want to get a bit more raw, one of my friends who listens to both of them has gotten sorta obsessed with the Orwells and yeah they're pretty good, so I'd recommend them. Or maybe the Screaming Females, who've been getting more and more accessible.

Does anyone know a composer that plays around with meter really heavily? David Lang keeps giving me a taste of it and I really want to find someone who explores that more. And yeah I listen to mathcore and stuff, I just want to know if there's a minimalist/traditionalist/post-traditionailist/whatever composer with this kind of focus.
Rowan Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote