Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #14735 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I liked it better than that. I thought it was a highly competent Saving Private Ryan clone. And that tank battle between the Shermans and the Tiger was worth the price of admission alone. Why they didn't have more of that, I don't know.
Ha, well maybe it's just me being an old man I remember Saving Private Ryan was a truly shocking and awe inspiring movie, with memorable characters and less silly battles. Fury was ... if it was a clone, it was one of those Asylum clones, like "Snakes ona Train" or "The DaVinci Treasure"
Now I know all about keyboard cowboys that know everything better etc and believe me I'm not one of them when I say the Tiger/Sherman battle was simply stupid. I can't say it wasn't entertaining, but after reading several dozen books on tank battles (I really have), I just wish once our heroes won not because of pure luck but because of skill and tactical thinking. Band of brothers had some of that, Pacific had it too (about the only time in a movie I saw soldiers moving their MG to counter a flank attack), Fury had very little or none of that.
But like I said, it's probably me - expecting a silly Hollywood blockbuster to treat the matter seriously. How naive.
The sound was very good, on that I can agree.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote