Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #10160 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Off topic but felt it could go here...

Rock Hall Of Fame, more or less a glorified pissing contest anymore and really, it means next to nothing. Some bands think it's important, but really, it isn't. Green Day, f*cking Green Day, got in but Nine Inch Nails, a band with far more credibility or merit, or a massive collective of material that is of such a higher quality of music, oozing with more originality and talent than anything Green Day has put out...Nine Inch Nails got the snub, losing out to Green Day. That really says something to me about the people behind the Rock Hall Of Fame, not to mention the people that vote...actually, Nine Inch Nails got a massive, and I do mean massive, more amount of votes than Green Day, something around 20 million to green days measly 3 million or so, something like that. My point with that last part is someone made sure Green Day got in, when their votes clearly did not show that they should have. I honestly don't know much about how the process works and how a band gets in, but that looks really damn sketchy to me.

F*ck you, Green Day. An unoriginal, bottom shelf wanna-be punk band. F*ck them. Nine Inch Nails should have gotten in, and f*ck whoever made sure Green Day did. Trent Reznor could crap in a toilet and it'd be made up of more than every bit of Green Day's material combined.

Yeah, I'm pissed. Because this only confirms more that the Rock Hall Of Fame is a damn joke. You guys see some of the other bands or artists on that list? There were easily four or so that were far more deserving, Green Day wasn't in any way whatsoever, not with album sales, nothing. Why the hell were they even a nominee aside from being around 25 years or more? Makes no sense at all.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 12-16-2014 at 09:59 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote