Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #220 (permalink)
Blanche_Minim
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Rap hypes people up, as well giving them drive and passion. Rap inspires people, and helps them to carry on through the days of their lives, in the same way that Rock inspires you. If you wouldn't want someone to belittle the importance of Rock, then why would you try to belittle the importance of Rap? It's incredibly hypocritical.

And please stop talking about how Rap "degenerates the masses". The truth is that Rap is incredibly popular and influential, and at the same time violent crime is actually on the decline in America. You claim that Rap promotes bad habits and lifestyle choices, which is exactly what people said about early Rock 'n Roll, a genre that is actually named after a slang term for sex, and is filled with songs about sex, drugs, and fast living. But did Rock 'n Roll destroy the masses? No, it didn't, and neither has Rap. Now stop being such a close-minded hypocrite and find something else to take out your frustrations on.
I'm surprised you have an '80s or 70's rock band as your avatar and you like rap. I look and dress like a prep, but I listen to the kind of music as if I wear a black shirt of my favorite bands and I have long hair.

Additional Information: I have no tattoos, I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, and I don't do drugs, I have no earrings, and I am not into jewelry (I use my cellphone as my watch). I don't care about the content of the music, what I care about is a song with a strong melody. At least the death metal bands I listen to scream most of the time and playing heavy chords, but it leads to something melodic.

Rap has no melody and I don't spend time listening to that genre.