Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I too old to pursue a career in music?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #50 (permalink)
Pursuingchange
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
You know, I think your problem is that you expect thinking human beings to empathize with the desire to be a "rock star," which is pretty much just a myth, anyway. You what? Want strangers to love and adore you because they see nothing but the shallowest part of you? Want the adoring eyes of millions? Want tons of money? What you are chasing is the wind. It's dust. It's impossible. You want to be mythologized and turned into an icon? Start a cult. If you want to make music, make music, but don't think that this so-called rock star dream is anything more than a childhood flight of fantasy. If you want to pursue music as a career, I can get behind that. Go for it. Do your ****ing best. But don't try to become a god, because nobody can do that (except Kanye, blessed be Yeezus).
You are not even worth arguing with. I'm not much of an internet person. Just thought I'd give it a try and see what people's opinions might be of my goals. I'm getting into it with a bunch of digital-age computer nerds like you.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote