Music Banter - View Single Post - Should there be a prog forum on musicbanter? (Read First!)
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #183 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
bring it up with Gregb, he makes the final decision with any additional forums get built, i dont see the need for it though, honestly, i think it will end up just one more forum that the mods will have to clean up. the more specific you get for a forum, the more specific the threads will have to be. Right now you can pretty much post about any rock band in the rock forum and you wont have anybody saying it doesnt belong, because it isnt specific to a genre. The punk and Emo threads limit the types of band you can post and thats where we get alot of the crap we end up having to clean up. As to why there is a punk thread, well if you look at it, its discuss the punk scene, sure its a sub genre of rock, but the punk scene is pretty much against everything rock stands for (almost anyway), and like misfits said, its a popular genre. Emo got its own sub forum because of the arguments when ppl tried to post emo bands in the punk forum. emo bands definetly dont go in a punk forum, or a rock forum, but sure theres a connection between them all. all im saying is the more specific we make the forums, the more arguments will happen. but take it up with Greg, he may disagree and build it for you.
And so is the prog scene. "4/4 time is for losers", a common philosophy among progheads.

Me or Merkaba could mod the prog forum, or both of us could...Either way, im sure that if someone makes a thread about simple plan, it will be locked before someone even posts on it.

And PM GregB i will do, it might be easier if he has AIM though, does he?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.