Music Banter - View Single Post - Terrible Avant-Garde/Experimental Artists
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Default Terrible Avant-Garde/Experimental Artists

This is the thread wherein you talk shit on avant-garde music you don't like. I try to be pretty open minded when it comes to music, but there are many times when I'll listen to an artist and think "well this guy just sucks." Most of the time it's something that's gotten a lot of hype on Pitchfork and the likes, but sometimes it's an avant-garde band and I'm afraid whether or not I've missed the point. I'll usually return to it in those cases, but there are many times where I'm just sure that these people make shite music.

Opening example:

I have nothing bad to say about Zorn, his off-the-wall saxophonisms are great and this video is no exception. Yoko Fucking Ono is horrendous in this one, though. She sounds like Sainkho Namtchylak's retarded cousin getting attacked by a goat. Not even a threatening or dangerous animal, a fucking goat. John Zorn, you obviously have a lot of time on your hands since you release at least 15 albums a year, but fuck. You're John Zorn. You can jam with anyone you want who doesn't sound like a monkey with autism trying to speak Hmong.

tl;dr: What avant-garde artists do you think suck donkey balls?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote