Music Banter - View Single Post - Phil Keaggy
Thread: Phil Keaggy
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
He's not mentioned because of his faith. No matter how good you are at something, if you're a Christian, you get panned. That's now, of course. In the past it was a different matter.
^ Yes, mordwyr, I wondered about that too; how much his overt Christianity was working to his detriment.

I imagine that in some arts, Christianity is ok, but somehow it doesn´t sit well with rock and blues. Well, they were famously described as the Devil´s music, weren´t they? And although we may not want to hear lyrics direct from the Devil himself, rock is the music of rebellion, so we want some kind of subversive attitude and preferably a stage presence of strutting priapic menace. Poor old Phil K lets us down on both counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Phil makes me want to burn my guitars. He's so damn good.
^ HaHa ! He´s a great player, and he´s got all these tricks, like the volumen knob twirl and the slapping of the body and strings which adds variety and interest to his playing. Didn´t know you played guitar yourself, Chula; have you tried that kind of stuff - or bought yourself an Ebow:-

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 12-21-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote