Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 34

Sufjan Stevens - I'll Be Home For Christmas

So on the glorious countdown to Christmas you may have noticed if you read this journal that I've been sharing for a few days or so some non-traditional Christmas songs. Why you might ask? Am I some hipster who refuses to listen to mainstream Christmas songs? Do I actively search for Christmas songs on YouTube? Well to answer your questions no I'm not a hipster how dare you say that, no I am not being defensive shut up, and no. So there... Joking aside I do like sharing with people out of the ordinary Christmas songs, and how can I not share one of the many Christmas songs from songcrafter himself Sufjan Stevens. If you have been introduced to Mr. Stevens you may or may not know about his numerous volumes of Christmas album (I believe as of now there are nine), so being the hipster I am I cannot not share one of those. Well I'll be home for Christmas is my favorite if his Christmas songs that I've heard from the man. He does the song in a fairly traditional way, and the instrumentation is absolutely beautiful, the cacophony of strings and bell sets. And his voice my goodness I've never been so soothed by a man's voice before. I'm not gay but you know what his voice makes me question that . Seriously though it fits the song so well and I can't believe I haven't shared this one yet.

Machine is offline   Reply With Quote