Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #29755 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Today was an odd mix of happy, sad, and creepy.

Happy: My grandparents came to dinner, and as a Christmas present, my grandma gave me all her old vinyl, including almost every single thing Billy Joel has ever recorded. Right down to Songs in the Attic, Greatest Hits, and the Russian concert. Also an audiophile edition of The Stranger. Now I need to get a better turntable.

Creepy: My girlfriend believes someone is stalking her. I was inclined to believe she was paranoid initially, but she's very intelligent. She hasn't mentioned it to her parents, and seemed reluctant to discuss why. They really should know, but I'm reluctant to go to them behind her back.

Sad: I hang out with a 92-year-old WW2 veteran every Saturday morning. He was a tail gunner in an Avro Lancaster. Last two weeks, I haven't, because he'd been hospitalized for ten days. I spoke to his daughter today, and apparently during his stay, he got very angry and wanted to go home. The hospital staff sedated him and put him in a straitjacket. They put a 92-year-old veteran in a fucking straitjacket, because he wanted to go home. I cried for the first time since I was twelve thinking about it.
The first is ****ing awesome.

The second is awful, and weird, and I hope you guys figure it out.

The third is super depressing. Poor guy. I'm sure the staff felt like they didn't have any other choice, but that's so sad. Also, good on you for doing that. I'm sure the old dude feels really happy when he sees you. Most people stop paying attention to you after you start turning gray, so he's probably lonely.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote