Music Banter - View Single Post - Turns out modern pop music does really suck!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Fair enough, overall I would argue that until the last couple years pop was primarily dominated by R&B, I didn't notice a ton of variety going on. You could argue that in some ways there was more variety in past decades. It seems like radio stations today are very narrow in the scope of what they play these days (Strictly pop/R&B, strictly rock, or strictly contemporary alternative)

For me it doesn't matter what genre dominates pop music so long as the pop stars have talent and compose their own music. The rise of the manufactured pop star who relied on sampling and beat boxes because they couldn't make their own music really began to drag down the bar of creativity in the 2000's, so I'm happy there has been somewhat of shift. Goyte is a perfect example of someone who has the talent to compose a good melody that uses a variety of notes, and although she utilizes sampling, Lady Gaga is another good example. She can actually get on the stage and play musical instruments.
@The Bolded Please, come off it with that horse piss. It does take a certain talent to effectively use samples in music, especially when it makes up the whole song. I'm a multi-instrumentalist, and I've tried and failed multiple times to be able to make a good track with sampling (I've looped things I've recorded but that's a bit different I guess). So it is a lot more difficult than it might seem. If you don't think so, go make a chart-topper, it's a win-win: you prove me wrong and you have all that money.

You also seem to think that all songs with sampling outright suck. Just ain't true man, edumacate yourself.