Music Banter - View Single Post - Turns out modern pop music does really suck!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #58 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I didn't bother reading every page, read the first, skimmed the second...

Since we're in the Pop sub-forum, of the forum, I'll apply this to Pop music as I feel it has the majority of what I am going to talk about. My evidence can be reflected in just the Pop music that's around right now, the popular Pop music topping the charts.

Is talent in an Pop artist even really important anymore? I'm not sure if it entirely is these days. From my perspective, it would seem that the standards of record labels all across the board of genre's has lessened significantly. If the individual can somewhat sing on key, has at least something they can work with, to manipulate the individual, they'll get signed. Talent just seems somewhat an forethought. I'm really not surprised at the decline in the quality of Pop music, any genre of music. But if everyone wants to blow their money on this garbage and say there is nothing wrong with it, but then contradict that on the other hand and demand serious music written by truly talented, gifted individuals. Fine. But when you complain about bad music still dominating the charts. You're part of the group of people that is putting it there by supporting it.

Modern pop music really is garbage, and there is very little good in it. I haven't heard more artists ripping off each other or those before them in a long time until this newer generation of Pop stars took a rise to fame. Originality is another thing that I feel people don't care about anymore...

I am so alone in my thoughts haha.