Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #22234 (permalink)
Overcast

^ Love that Beach House album.

Incoming favorite band praise

you were warned

The Microphones - Song Islands

I finally decided that today is the day to finish up The Microphones' discography. Boy, I missed a bunch of good stuff. I love the vocals Mirah contributed to The Microphones, and I was happy to see how much she was featured in this. Her voice is child-like in a very enjoyable unique way and it matches Phil's style perfectly. Solid album full of some more experimental stuff along with the standard beautiful lo-fi folky magic. Fun fact, 'The Antlers' are named after a song from this album. I guess it's only natural that one of my favorite bands drew inspiration from another one of my favorite bands. It was apparent to me in Uprooted when The Antlers was Peter Silberman's solo project that he was inspired by Phil.

The Microphones - It Was Hot, We Stayed In The Water

The only Microphones album left I haven't given a good listen to yet. After seeing the ratings and such I got really excited about listening to it. I question why I never did check it out, but now that I have I can confirm that I love it. Top album from this project and one that's definitely gonna grow on me in no time. I thought that I'd be sad finishing up the discography but there is such a large body of great work here and within his ongoing project Mount Eerie that I should be good for a few years at least. I'll be finishing up Mount Eerie (most likely without posting my thoughts) and waiting for his next release, Sauna. It comes out within my birthday month so that's really all I need for a happy birthday.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote