Music Banter - View Single Post - Why your favorite rapper sucks
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

2 Pac, I have always thought him to be highly overrated, highly. But he was still better than most during his time.

Tech 9 is overrated, and he did that Metal/Rap album with the attitude that it hadn't been done like that before. L...O...L...

50 Cent is laughable, dude sounds like he has a sock in his mouth, or worse...

Lil Wayne gives me a headache and good lord, I do not get why so many people praise that guy as being so great. Do people that listen to Rap these days even know what a good Rap sounds like? Doesn't seem like a majority of people listening to the genre have the slightest idea...

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. Personally, I don't think he's that bad. He's far from great, hovers somewhere between decent and average, yet I still think he could freestyle circles around everyone but 2 Pac on my list so far...

Eminem. I don't list this guy because he particularly sucks, not really. But he's overrated, almost as badly as 2 Pac, maybe. But let's all be honest with ourselves and each other. Eminem is an above average in the genre, and I think if 2 Pac were alive, Eminem would give the guy a pretty good run for his money...

Die Antwoord. To be honest, I have listened to some of this guy, and I sort of liked some of it for the comedy it had. But damn, this guy is sloppy. He's slowly climbing that ladder to being overrated because people like to give Rappers too much credit when most of them today are barely a cut above mediocre...

Well, that is my list of opinions on some of today's raved about Rap stars...
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote