Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #29846 (permalink)
simplephysics
you know what it is

Worst night, ever.

I work in a nursing home, and a part of our work involves ensuring that our residents are well cared for, and more importantly, alive and breathing. Awhile ago, new management came into power and felt the need to change things for no apparent reason, other than that they could. I'm not a part of the nursing staff, but a responsibility my department handled were the daily checks we did on residents who did not show up for meals. This is one of the tasks my new managers felt were essentially useless time wasters, so they put a stop to them. Long story short, myself and coworker found a resident dead in his room this evening, and it was painfully obvious that he had been there all night, and all day, rotting in his room. He wasn't on nursing services, so the nursing staff had no reason to check on him, and since I'm no longer suppose to be away from my desk preforming such useless checks, there was noone else around to make sure he was okay. I feel so damn bad for him and his family, and I know somehow my ****ty mangers will find a way to blame me anyways. Worst part is, he was a legitimately badass dude, and I'll miss him dearly and his awkward yet endearing come ons..
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote