Music Banter - View Single Post - Win The Batlord Over to Prog
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Win The Batlord Over to Prog

I'm thieving the idea behind Janszoon's "Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles" thread. Suck it, Jans.

As some of you know, I don't really give much of a **** about prog. I've dug some of it, but in general, it makes me snooze, or at least even if I dig it my attention starts to wander after a while since I have the attention span of a gnat. But I still haven't listened to that much of it.

So, feel free to post album recs to try to change my mind. Just keep in mind that I'm a metalhead, prefer accessibility, and have no real grasp of technicality. Previously I've dug a bit of King Crimson---though I really haven't listened to that much of them---, I actually enjoyed Asia's debut a few weeks ago, and love Queensryche.

Depending on how many, if any, recs I get, I might not get around to it all, or at least not for a while, but what I listen to I'll review in this thread.

P.S. Though I have stolen Jans' idea, I still give him no credit.

Already Reviewed...

Albums

Rush - 2112

Rush - Hemispheres

miRthkon - Vehicle

Songs

Genesis - "The Knife"/Marillion - "Forgotten Sons"/Twelfth Night - "Creepshow"
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 12-30-2014 at 07:56 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote