Music Banter - View Single Post - ATTN: kashmir
Thread: ATTN: kashmir
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
half_baked87
sammichestime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
you know whats funny, when i was a kid i used to listen solely to rap, until i opened my eyes and found out how much it sucks. wow, they can rhyme. bob dylan did that way before the first rap song, listen to subterranean homesick blues, wow he ryhmed and actually conveyed a message. then theres rappers like lil john, who just yells short statements like 20 times over and over, wow thats really music, oh wait, sorry an art form. why do rap "artists" have to have their own language? is ours not good enough? they need words like crunk, and flossin, and a bunch of other stupid **** like that. oh yeah, they also need to make like 10 announcements before they begin the "song". rap makes me wanna puke. fortunately, it will eventually die out but rock never will.
i wish i'd seen this thread, possibly paid attention more. anyways, what a ****. yeah 99% of mainstream rap sucks, but thats not even rap, its ****in club music for prepubescent girls to dance to. theres so many thoughtful and poetic rap artists out there whose lyrical skill totally owns bob friggen dylan. oh yeah, and their own language, its called coloquialisms. its a DIALECT! you know, like how english people say bloody and mate... pick up a ****in english book cas ur talking like a ****in retard....

so what are the chances of him commenting here?
half_baked87 is offline   Reply With Quote