Music Banter - View Single Post - Win The Batlord Over to Prog
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicwhore A-Z View Post
Although I don't consider Rush to be "prog" in the purest sense, there's no doubt that it's a great place to start 'Batlord' if you want to objectively listen to progressive music. Personally, I prefer to call Rush progressive hard rock. They NEVER forgot the ROCK in their music, unlike some of the bands in that genre before them.

'Batlord', considering you're a fan of Queensryche, ( hugely influenced by Rush ) as am I, I'm surprised you haven't explored the Rush catalog already. Many of the bands you listen to also cite Rush as a prime influence. In short order, there would be no Queensryche without Rush paving the way for them.
Not to mention others like Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, and King's X.

Good luck on your quest for the best in prog rock ( ... ).
Do you like Dream Theater, and I'd you do could you tell me why. I'm really truly interested because everything I've heard by them I've detested and I don't really have a good reason, the playing is excellent singing is usually good, but I feel like they make their songs over dramatic, and the 10 minute songs are just 3 minute songs and the rest is soloing.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote