Music Banter - View Single Post - Why your favorite rapper sucks
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 02:35 AM   #93 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I think getting your music played in clubs is quite a good thing. Clubs are great.
I can't wait for you to do Danny Brown who is another close contender for favourite,
man i'm gonna have to break the rules for this one cause i've never heard of this dude and honestly he's flawless. i would try to come up with a witty way to diss his looks instead, but it feels like all the buckwheat references in the world couldn't do this picture justice:

Quote:
and I want to see you **** on some classics like Wu Tang or Public Enemy.
wu tang: failed to live up to their true potential because they let greed get in the way. really it's ****in hard to have a group with 9 members and not have the **** go downhill so that was sort of a poor plan in the first place. they did make it big so people will say it worked but they didn't do what they set out to do which was to build a hip hop empire with a solid foundation that keeps building on itself. instead they had certain members who shined more than others and got anxious to get that solo money so they broke off with it. rza was the genuis that masterminded it all and held the group together initially but eventually i think it's rza that hold the group back from making good music together in the modern day. he is a stubborn man and when he has a certain vision he sticks to it, and to be honest he's really eccentric and into that kung fu **** hard core and it does work to a certain extent but then there comes a point where its just too nerdy and obscure to be good hip hop. it's sort of like how coltrane drove away a lot of his fans in his later years exploring the limits of jazz because the end product was an unlistenable sequence of loud saxophone squeals.

public enemy: honestly this group is just chuck d shouting sometimes intelligent, sometimes ignorant political opinions at you while flava flav dances around with a clock hanging from his neck. probably was monumental at the time but nowadays people listen to it more because of hype than anything else.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote