Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #2641 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay then, Christmas is almost over so time to wrap up this carnival of the crazy. Here are the last batch.

Keepin' it hip-hop-ish, for now, here's MC Lars...

Gary the green-nosed reindeer (Mc Lars) from the album “A Santa Cause II”, 2006

I believe I looked at, or at least mentioned, “A Santa Cause”, the charity album compiled by mostly punk acts to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Foundation, prevously, but this is from the second volume, released three years after that. On it we find Briks's friend, MC Lars, singing about Rudolph's half-brother who decides to kidnap his famous brother. We also get Osama bin Laden ... look, just listen to it, ok?

And now for some punk rock, why not?

“My first Xmas (as a woman)” (The Vandals) from the album “Oi! To the world: Christmas with The Vandals”, 1996

Pretty hilarious all right: “No more tucking it behind now that I've got my new vagina.”

Coincidence that this is from the same year? Maybe. I guess. After all, two different people suggested the two songs on two different days. Anyway I suppose it was always in the stars that this guy would feature in any collection of weird Christmas songs. It's in his name, after all. Weird I mean...

“The night Santa went crazy” (Weird Al Yankovish) from the album “Bad hair day”, 1996

Yeah it's funny, but I think the Weird One has just run out of steam by now. It's almost expected. Yawn.

Bit of a damp squib ending, but then, weird is as weird does (stop me if I'm being too technical...)