Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #2642 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I thought this was a well thought out review. A lot of your points are things I have come to notice as well from listening to the album a few times more. I noticed a lot of what you mentioned upon my first time checking out the album. There's a good number of good, fresh ideas that this band tries out, sometimes pull off, but you do get a sense that the band maybe isn't sure what they want to be, but I think maybe this is somewhat deliberate, almost like it's the whole point, to not be one specific genre of music, but rather be a lot of them all in one.

I still regard it as one of my top ten albums of the year, and maybe I'd rate it lower now. But I agree this isn't a bad album, it's good in my own opinion and I can still listen to it plenty. But it does have its problems and hopefully on their next album, it won't sound as confused or lost, be much more focused. All that in mind. I do still think that Nothing More is one of the better bands to come around in the past five or more years. A fresher breath, but still needs some fine tuning.

Nice review Trollheart!
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote