Music Banter - View Single Post - Producing, Recording, Mixing & Mastering Support
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Got a question here that may seem stupid, but keep in mind, I know nothing about recording equipment. My expertise is on the keys….

I'm getting tired of recording my demos using a cell phone. Anyone who listened to "Vienna" in the Forum Member Showcase knows how bad the sound quality is, and the bass notes doesn't come through well. Is there a small, inexpensive piece of equipment I can get that would allow me to record a song with two or three tracks? I don't need audiophile quality.

I realize I could just Google this, but it's always better to actually talk to someone.
The easiest way would be a halfway decent USB mic. That way thae USB mic and your recording software are the only two things you would have to buy.

I have a Blue Yeti Mic I really like alot, runs about 100 bucks.

The other option is getting cheap audio interface (like an Maudio fast track or something) and buying a mic you like to go along with it. (xlr connection) This way would probably yield a wider array of options and be better for you in the future, but is also more expensive.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote