Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #10247 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
However the hell you took away that I believe every previous inductee was an innovator, shaped music, has gone way over my head, so you must have misunderstood what I said...

All I have said is that inductee's should be innovators, people that have altered the world of music in a significant or profound way. I never once said anything about past inductee's being any of those things so again, however the hell you got that from what I have said up till now about the subject, is over my head.

But, I'll answer your question now. Do I believe every past inductee had been an innovator and shaped the course of music? No, and I've never said differently on the matter. Thirty one years ago, artists that really had no profound impact on the music world got in then, just as they do now; mediocrity in music was an issue then, just as it is now. In my mind, you not being able to deduce on your own with how commonly I've expressed that I find the R&R Hall of Fame to be a joke run by idiots for the most part, and always have, that you couldn't find out from any of that how I couldn't possibly believe that all past inductee's were deserving of it, innovators, individuals that changed the world of music. I feel like you were just looking to argue for no reason.

Whether you agree or not, which I see you don't with past comments in innovators in the musical world, artists that truly innovate/alter the course/and or world of music, should be what get in to the R&R Hall of Fame. Fame measured by awards and records sold is absurd. Green Day didn't shape the world of music, they changed nothing about it, nobody is writing about how this once obscure band took to fame and completely blew the Punk scene away and changed everything about, and this is all despite Green Day not even being a Punk band, f*ck that they sounded like Punk or wore that influence on their sleeves, but they're a Rock band that loves to flirt with Pop Rock/Punk and there's just nothing significant they've done outside of their Grammy's and millions of records sold, in the regard to the musical world and all of its of politic bullsh*t, how any new band approaches Punk music, Rock, etc.

Anyway. I've answered your question.
it just seems like an odd double standard that you'd criticize Greenday for not innovating if you don't have a problem with other artists being in the Hall of Fame despite them not innovating either and acknowledging that they actually haven't.
Why criticize Greenday for this? Why not attack an older artist?
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote