Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #2263 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I was too lazy to read the whole thing, but I can maybe buy that he didn't know they were white supremacists, just because why would a politician shoot himself in the foot in that way? Speaking to neo-Nazis is pretty much the best way to end your political career, short of raping a ten-year-old, autistic child on national television and then proclaiming her to be terrible in the sack.

Still, how could you not know? I'm no expert on the KKK, but even I know who David Duke is. So either he's a racist or a moron. And if your politics attract that kind of element, whether you're actively courting it or not, you're still suspect.
Wait, how can you lead your local chapter and not be an expert?

He spoke at a convention for the group, so I would imagine that it was clear when he was speaking to them just who they were. It's a suspension of disbelief greater than watching a Michael Bay film to believe his story that he didn't know they what they were.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote