Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 39

Tyler, The Creator - GOBLIN

I'm back bitches!

Alright so I took a week off to play some video games and be lazy and write some music and stuff (which has been going swimmingly by the way) so I'm coming back with a album I really don't actually care for that much, but nevertheless hits the feels every tome I listen through it, and that would be GOBLIN. I'm pretty sure a lot of you hate this guy and his music which is totally understandable as he is really easy to hate. For me he was my introduction to Rap in general so obviously I have some bias towards him. This album is not his best, but I think it does the best in stroytelling just listen to songs like Golden, Nightmare, Tron Cat, Yonkers, or Window they all fulfill the story that starts in WOLF and ends on Golden. The album does have many pitfalls unfortunately and because of it I think a lot of people don't mess with anything else he has done since. The album holds too many non-sequiturs to give it enough cohesion like AU49, Boppin Bitch, and Transylvania actually suck and makes any kind of consistencythat was made on the album and are downright skippable. Also I'll note your mood depends on how much your going to enjoy the album as well, if you in a great mood expect to be dissapointed as much of this album is moody, dark, and downright sad. I heard it today and wrote about it saying how bad it sounds (which is true), what I didn't say was I was in a really bad mood, and the tracks I noted made such an impact on me that was dependent on me being fairly moody myself. So you know what love him or hate him, it dosent matter to me, all I know is that it's not a great album, but put in the right context can really really affect you.

Machine is offline   Reply With Quote