Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 12:38 AM   #11092 (permalink)
Overcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Good you've come around, or more appropriately returned to, Opeth. My favourite of theirs is Deliverance, but if you dug Blackwater Park you'll probably like Ghost Reveries and Watershed (plus Deliverance of course, ****ing masterpiece) as well. Their latest, Pale Commmunion, is a leap in the prog direction that they only hinted at with their earlier music. It doesn't quite stand up to their heavier stuff IMO, but it's still worth checking out.
If my memory serves me right, I believe that album is already a deep love of mine. I'll revisit the entire discography as I do with all artists I listen to and post my thoughts here and there.

I recall the title track from Deliverance being absolutely phenomenal. It was one of my favorite tracks of all time back from my glory days of not knowing what an album even was (I really did deserve to burn in a fire. Not kidding.)

Now I'm gonna have go on an Opeth binge. I'm okay with this.

Fun fact: I also loved GY!BE back then. I don't know how, but they served as my introduction into the world of music. Thanks, GY!BE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Just sing a lot believe me youll become more comfortable with yourself, I couldn't sing a note when I started, but just over the last 3 years slowly got more comfortable with myself. Also try writing some stuff on your own, it really helps with Co fidence, and you can only get better.
Thanks for the words. When I started off a few months ago I couldn't get my pitch right and my voice was constantly cracking. Luckily I conquered that and now my problem is coming down to technique, disliking the way my voice sounds no matter what I try and lack of confidence.

I'm gonna try doing some of my own songwriting and see if I can use it to my advantage.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote