Music Banter - View Single Post - Our Feature Presentation
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
@UnknownSoldier: glad you enjoyed the movie and (hopefully) the review. Is that what you call a review of a review btw?
Regardless, thanks for the support. It's definitely a classic.
Oh, and good catch about the budget. I can't seem to find any information about what it cost to shoot, sadly. It makes sense that it would cost more than I initially thought, though.
Needless to say because of the violence his films, they were always under threat of censor and for the US market they were often heavily cut. I think it was only in France that they were never cut.

If you really like spaghetti westerns I heavily recommend the Alex Cox book "10,000 Ways to Die" it's an essential read as he reviews loads of films in detail, it's a bit biased at times but his knowledge is unsurpassed on the subject.

Quote:
I've not seen "The Shocker". Is it worth a watch (and maybe a review)?
Thanks for the support.
Nearly every Vincent Price film from this era is worth a watch, but "The Tingler" is a real cult classic, as it's about a creature that forms in the human body on the spine when a person reaches extreme fear..... so of course it's worth watching

I noticed you did an Ulmer film and I'm a big fan of films by German/Austrian émigré directors/actors like this that fled to the USA in the 1930s from Nazi Germany and include people like Fritz Lange, Ernst Lubitsch, Peter Lorre, Erich Von Stroheim, Richard Siodmak and Edgar Ulmer etc.

Edward Ulmer was a bit uneven but if you haven't you really need to check out the low budget "Bluebeard" with John Carradine and the classic "Black Cat" one of the very best Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi films.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 01-03-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote