Music Banter - View Single Post - I know what I like: Trollheart's History of Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Good luck with this and I'm sure you'll make this list as in-depth as possible. Any starting list should start with the Moody Blues (very important) Procul Harum, The Nice, Family, Pink Floyd, Captain Beefheart, United States of America and anything with Frank Zappa. All of these were either putting out psychedelic. concept, space rock or experimental and weird recordings that a lot of other prog artists built their sound around.

People normally qualify albums by people like the Beatles or the Beach Boys as well, when these two were heavily into their psychedelic phase, but to my mind they're not really essential listening to any prog list like the above are, I mean you can't listen to everybody.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote