Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #740 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Yeh, and I gave Kanye credit for it, but that has nothing to do with him as an emcee. That is his ability as a producer. My point is the thing I found most interesting about his music is all in his production. Maybe you like his lyrics/performance, but it does nothing for me.

Take an artist like Jason Derulo, who doesn't do his auto-tuning. He is replacable with any other good looking guy with the confidence to rock out on stage. I mean did you hear his live performance on New Years NYC? The dude can barely sing. His producers make him sound good, and that is why I said:

Quote:
Because it still takes skill to play the instrument, where as auto-tuning just hides sh*tty singers behind effects.
Most of the people using auto-tune ARE NOT the ones making the interesting music. If you don't understand that you need to take a step back and look at how the music industry works. Half these people don't even write the songs. So what exactly are you trying to give them credit for that is music related? Like I said, musically challenged stage puppets. They are performers not musicians. The music industry cares more about marketability than talent. They can fake talent, they've got that sh*t down to a science.

Edit: Auto-tuning/voice enhancement is part of that science. Like I said earlier I don't have a problem with the auto-tuning itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-05-2015 at 01:05 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote