Music Banter - View Single Post - AC/DC Rock or Bust
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

You know what...

Sometimes, in certain circumstances, saying a bands entire discography sounds the same, it sort of makes whoever is saying it, look a bit ignorant. A band like AC/DC does not need to change their sound, fact is the band has had a pretty solid run and I feel each album is good in their own way. Metallica tried to experiment with their sound on a few albums, it didn't work for them, and so they went back, or tried going back to their sound from earlier albums, that also didn't entirely work in their favor. Metallica is a bit bland now, have been since the late 90's...

AC/DC though, they are not a band where experimenting with their sound to remain relevant, is necessary. AC/DC is a great Rock band, and their music is more than good enough on its own without trying to do new things with it. My fourth time saying it now, or around that, but AC/DC changing their sound has never been necessary.

@ Moss

Haha, you've said what I've said without making it a rant. AC/DC has written some of the best Rock songs, some only on a few simple chords. I've heard two songs off of Rock Or Bust, liked them. It's the AC/DC I've listened to since I was a little kid, good enough for me.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote